Pass this motion in your trade union branch!
We welcome support from trade union branches, community organisations, local branches of progressive political organisations, and campaign groups. Please consider passing our model motion, below.
This branch notes the ongoing Israeli assault on Gaza and the increase in settler violence in the West Bank. This branch opposes the war and occupation and supports a political settlement based on equal rights for Israelis and Palestinians, including an equal right to self-determination.
This branch further notes:
- The work of Standing Together (Naqef-Ma’an/Omdim be’Yachad), Israel’s grassroots Arab-Jewish social movement, which fights against war, occupation, and racism, and for social justice and equality.
- Since the start of the last round of violence, Standing Together has formed “Arab-Jewish Solidarity Committees” in mixed cities, to mobilise both Palestinian and Israeli residents to take action against incitements to racism by far-right figures in the Israeli government.
- Standing Together has also organised protests against the war, calling for a ceasefire agreement and the return of hostages. A protest they co-organised on 18 January in Tel Aviv was the largest public mobilisation in Israel against the war since it began.
- The establishment of the UK Friends of Standing Together network, aiming to promote and build support for Standing Together’s work in the UK.
This branch believes that social change within Israel itself is vital for winning lasting equality and justice in Israel/Palestine, and that we should directly support the work of those fighting for this.
This branch therefore resolves:
- To support the UK Friends of Standing Together network and invite a speaker from the network, and from Standing Together itself, to a future meeting
- To make a donation of [£] to Standing Together
- To circulate the UK Friends of Standing Together e-newsletter to members